GWSPH FAST FACTS
- Ranked #12, up from #14, by the U.S. News & World Report
- LEED Platinum designated academic building
- Over 40+ academic programs at the graduate certificate, master's, and doctoral level
- Unique academic programs include MPH in Maternal and Child Health, MS in Public Health Microbiology and Emerging Infectious Diseases
- The only school of public health in Washington, D.C.
1997 set the foundation of our future when three university programs in the school of medicine, business, and education combined to establish the School of Public Health and Health Services making it the first and only school of public health in Washington, D.C. After an $80 million gift by Lori and Michael Milken to the school of public health - the largest in GW's history - the school was renamed the Milken Institute School of Public Health in 2014. That same year, the school of public health opened its permanent LEED platinum home on the George Washington University's Foggy Bottom campus.